Post title: Technical Adviser for Capacity Building and Policy Development
Programme title: Environmental Sciences
Duty station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration of assignment: 12 months, with possibility of extension
Deadline for application: 31 January 2010
Applicants: National (Indonesian), Level NO (National Officer)
Under the overall supervision of the Director, UNESCO Office, Jakarta, and direct supervision of the Deputy Director & Programme Specialist for Environmental Sciences unit, and working closely with colleagues in the Environmental Sciences Unit as a team, the incumbent shall be responsible for assisting in developing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating Fund-In-Trust Projects in Indonesian Biosphere Reserves and Natural World Heritage Sites, funded by the Spanish Government and other donors. This includes carrying out the following tasks:
1. Act as a the adviser for capacity building and policy development under the Fund-In-Trust Projects funded by the Spanish Government in Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra and Siberut Biosphere Reserve with as goal to strengthen the management and conservation status of the concerning protected areas. The responsibility under this assignment includes the development of capacity building activities under the projects as well as the development of enabling policies, supporting project sustainability.
2. Assist in improving the human resource capacities of beneficiaries and target groups of the projects. The incumbent shall therefore advise UNESCO and partners regarding issues related to capacity building, and assist with assessment and identification of needs, development and organization of capacity building activities, as well as monitoring and evaluation.
3. Conduct an analysis of past, current and future policy framework related to the development and implementation of the projects. The incumbent shall advise UNESCO and partners in regard to the need for improving current and/or developing enabling policies securing the sustainability of the project outcomes. To this end, the incumbent shall develop as well as implement a road map of activities in the field of policy development.
4. Assist UNESCO and partners in liaising with agencies responsible and related to respectively the capacity building and policy development.
5. Carry out other duties as requested by the Director of the UNESCO Office, Jakarta and the Programme Specialist for Environmental Sciences. This may include other UNESCO environmental sciences activities and projects in the Asia-Pacific region.
For detail information about the post and how to apply, please go to: http://portal.unesco.org/geography/en/ev.php