The Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources Management (AARM) Field of Study of the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) will host an International Symposium on Aquaculture and Fisheries Education (ISAFE) at AIT Conference Centre from November 27-30, 2009. The international symposium is organized jointly by AIT, Shanghai Ocean University (SOU), and Asian Fisheries Society (AFS). This will bring together reputed speakers from all over the world to discuss issues pertaining to aquaculture and fisheries education. The symposium will also deliberate on how education can support the industry and its sustainable growth.
The international symposium will focus on the theme “The Future of Aquaculture and Fisheries Education” and has the following objectives:
- To exchange information on the status and recent advances of aquaculture/ fisheries education in Asia and other parts of the world.
- To share experiences among educators, policy makers and industry on emerging needs for aquaculture and fisheries education.
- To promote collaboration among the educators, scientists and institutions involved in aquaculture and fisheries education, research and development.
The international symposium is expected to be attended by educators, scientists, students, industry partners, and development professionals in aquaculture and fisheries to discuss the following topics:
- Current status of aquaculture and fisheries education
- Need-based curriculum development
- Innovative teaching and learning methods
- Distant / flexible education
- Academe and industry partnerships
- Support for education, research and young fisheries scientists
- Future direction and strategy
ISAFE calls for the submission of high quality papers on aquaculture and fisheries education, for oral and poster presentations. Abstracts and full papers must be in English. Abstracts should be submitted by September 30, 2009. Specific guidelines for abstract preparation and submission will be posted in the symposium website. Symposium proceedings containing peer-reviewed articles will be published. Full papers should be prepared following the instructions to be posted on the symposium website and submitted before or during the symposium. A number of best paper awards (including student paper awards) will be announced towards the end of the symposium.
The accompanying international trade exhibition will feature aquaculture/fisheries related industries and their products and services. Institutions, societies and companies interested in having booths should contact the secretariat as soon as possible. The exhibition will be open to the public. More information will be provided on the symposium website.
International Symposium on Aquaculture and Fisheries Education (ISAFE)
Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources Management (AARM)
School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD)
Asian Institute of Technology, PO Box 4. Klong Luang, Pathumthani12120, Thailand
Tel: 66-02-524-6556, Fax: 66-02-524-6200
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com