Today, I will be a moderator for following seminar.
A delegation from the Indonesian Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF/DepKP) will be visiting for a bilateral cooperation meeting with the Australian Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
The delegation is particularly keen to meet students and staff who are interested on the progress of marine affairs and fisheries in Indonesia.
There will be updated information on:
- The new enacted Indonesian Law Number 27/2007 on Coastal Zone and Small Island Management (Undang-undang 27 tahun 2007 tentang Pengelolaan Wilayah Pesisir dan Pulau-pulau Kecil);
- The hot issue of the Concessionaire of Coastal Water (Hak Pengelolaan Perairan Pesisir/HP3), a part of Law Number 27/2007;
- Mandiri National Program on Community Empowerment (Program Nasional Pemberdayaan Masyarakat Mandiri/PNPM-Mandiri)
- Strategies for poverty alleviation on the poorest of poor community, coastal and fishers community.
If you have queries about
– what is new in law,
– whether HP3 will lead to a competition of resources extraction (as already the case of the Forestry Concessionaire [Hak Pengusahaan Hutan/HPH]),
– how the PNPM-Mandiri address the endemic poverty in coastal areas, and
– whether the ministry’s PEMP Programs are on the right track,
then you must not miss this opportunity for updated information.
This is an ANU Indonesian Student Association Discussion.
Speaker/Host: Dr. Suseno (Adviser to Minister), Dr. Sudirman Saad (Director of Coastal Community Empowerment)
Venue: Seminar Room A, Coombs Building, Fellows Road
Date: Tuesday, 14 October 2008
Time: 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
Enquiries: Hendra Yusran Siry on 6125 9152