Humboldt Research Fellowship
Open to all nationalities and all disciplines
The Humboldt Research Fellowship enables highly-qualified scientists and scholars of all nationalities and disciplines to carry out research projects for extended periods of time in cooperation with academic hosts at research institutions in Germany. Fellowships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement, the quality and feasibility of the proposed research and the applicant’s publications.
Humboldt Research Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers
- Open to scientists and scholars who completed a doctoral degree within four years prior to the date the application is submitted.
- Allows for a stay of 6-24 months in Germany.
- Provides a monthly stipend of 2,250 EUR.
Humboldt Research Fellowship for Experienced Researchers
- Open to scientists and scholars who completed a doctoral degree within twelve years prior to the date the application is submitted.
- Allows for a stay of 6-18 months in Germany.
- Fellowships may be divided into a maximum of three visits of at least three months each.
- Provides a monthly stipend of 2,450 EUR.
Additional allowances are available for accompanying family members, travel expenses, and German language instruction. Applications may be submitted to the Humboldt Foundation in Bonn at any time. The review process takes several months, and the selection committee meets three times a year. For application forms and detailed information, see: