Agency for Marine Affairs and Fisheries Research (AMFR) of the Indonesian Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries of Republic Indonesia will organize the International Conference on Indonesian Inland Waters as part of the Fifth Indonesian Forum of Inland Waters.
The conference will:
- evaluate the state of the art of sciences and technologies that contribute to understanding of structures and mechanisms of the system and its implementation for management of inland waters;
- be a forum for sharing of knowledge and experiences in research, environmental engineering, management and governance of tropical inland waters; and
- initiate of development of international net works of stakeholders for management of inland waters.
The theme of the conference is “Indonesian Inland Waters: System and Its Utilization for Sustainable Development“. The Conference will be held on 17 – 18 November 2008. There will be keynote speakers presentations, several simultaneous scientific or technical system, poster session, oral presentation session, trade exhibition and post conference tours
June 30th, 2008 is the deadline for submission of abstracts. Abstract received after this day may not find a place on the Book of Abstracts. The abstracts can be submitted on line through through email to or through post to the Secretariat.
The deadline of the full paper submission is October 16th, 2008.
Sub-themes of the conference are:
1. Aquatic Ecosystem Structure and Functions
2. Biogeochemical Processes in Inland Waters
3. Aquatic Biodiversity
4. Aquatic Environment Pollution & Impacts
5. Aquatic Conservation: Protection, Mitigation & Rehabilitation
6. Capture & Aquaculture Fisheries Management
7. Social, Economy and Marketing
8. Harvest and Post Harvest Technology
9. Human Resources, Policy & Governance
PUBLICATION OF THE PROCEEDINGS
All papers presented in the International Conference of Indonesian Inland Waters will be peer reviewed and the selected ones will be as a special publication of International Conference on Indonesian Inland Waters.
Research Centre for Capture Fisheries
Jln. Pasir Putih 1 Ancol Timur
Jakarta Utara 14430
Telp. 021 64711940
Fax. 021 6402640
Dian Octaviani (email@example.com)
Research Institute for Inland Fisheries
Jln. Beringin no. 308 Palembang
Telp. 0711 537194
Fax. 0711 537205
Dina Muthmainnah (firstname.lastname@example.org)