Italian language and culture courses of a one-month period are reserved for Italian language teachers to whom no age limit applies, and for 3rd year University students in the Italian Studies Department.
The long-term scholarships consist of a nine – to twelve-month period, (depending on the length of the course) beginning in autumn. They are awarded for specific research or specialized courses at public post-secondary institutions in any area of study, except for medical studies. All courses of study must be undertaken at the Government approved educational institutions. Applicants for the long-term scholarships interested in undergraduate research or study must possess a high school diploma entitling the applicant to enroll in university; for those wishing to study or conduct research at the post-graduate level, the minimum requirement is a Master’s degree. Applicants must be 35 years of age or younger (minimum maturity age in Indonesia is 18 years old).
– The applicant’s curriculum studiorum and vitae.
– The applicant’s proposed program of study (for post-graduate, master courses and doctorate studies).
– The Reference letters from Indonesian or Italian academics (for post-graduate, master courses and doctorate studies).
– The existence of direct contacts between the candidate and Italian academics and/or institutes of higher learning in the candidate’s field of study (applies particularly to applicants for long-term scholarships).
– Knowledge of Italian is mandatory; unless the applicant is applying for Italian language courses or applying for an independent study (in this case the candidate must have a letter from a professor declaring willing to follow the student in another language).
Scholarships offered by the Italian Government cover standard living expenses such as boards and lodging expenses, Insurance( valid only in Italian Territory ) , and do not include air fares (return)
Please note that scholarship recipients must make their own travel and lodging arrangements.
Any partial or total exemption from university fees for scholarship recipients is the decision of the individual university/ institution; no exemptions are granted by private institutions.
Changes in the place of study or the starting date will not be permitted once the scholarship has been awarded. Applicants must therefore indicate the name of their chosen institution and the dates of the chosen existing course/s clearly and exactly on their application forms.
Please read carefully; incomplete applications will not be accepted.
– three copies of the application form (in MS Word Format n. 1), each with original signature and each accompanied by a signed passport-size photograph;
When you win the scholarship, you are subsequently required to submit the following documents as soon as possible:
– at least two original letters of reference from professors, teachers and/or professional superiors (for post-graduate, master courses and doctorate studies)
– Original (for authentication) and certified copies of the applicant’s high school diploma and/or university degree(s).
– Original and certified copy of High school transcript;
– Original and certified copy of University transcript, if applicable;
– Original (for authentication) proof of Indonesian citizenship: copies of one of the following: passport, citizenship certificate or birth certificate;
Certified copies will not be returned and original documents will be returned upon completion the process of authentication and authorization by the Italian Institute of Culture and the Embassy of Italy.
DEADLINES FOR THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 5 May 2008.
Applications postmarked after the deadline will not be accepted.
Applications for downloads in Indonesian and in Italian
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT OR VISIT DURING OFFICIAL WORKING HOURS:
THE ITALIAN INSTITUTE OF CULTURE (IIC) IN JAKARTA
JALAN H.O.S. COKROAMINOTO NO. 117, MENTENG
JAKARTA PUSAT – 10350
PHONE: (021) 392 7531/ 3927532
FAX. : (021) 310 1661