1. Regional Programme STIC-Asia: 5th Call for Proposals
The regional programme ICT-Asia is an initiative of the French cooperation aiming to create and reinforce collaborations and networks with and in the Asian region involved in research and development in the field of information and communication technology (ICT).
The programme aims to:
Promote the opportunities for co-operation with France in the field of ICT and develop information and exchange mechanisms;
Select and fund integrated basic and applied research projects fostering technological innovation and technological transfer with a regional focus between France and at least two partnering Asian countries, including one country eligible to the programme “Solidarity with developing countries” (Burma, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam);
Foster synergies with other regional and multilateral programmes in the field and in this region (EU/ASEM, ADB, AUF, …)
Timeline of the 5th call for proposals for integrated projects:
Call for proposals publication on the website of the ICT-Asia programme (http://www.ict-asia-france.org): 1 February 2008
Submission of proposals deadline: 30 April 2008
Projects selection procedure: May/June 2008
Results announcement: June 2008
2. Erasmus Mundus
a. Call for proposals for the implementation of Action 4 in the year 2008
The Erasmus Mundus programme’s overall aim is to enhance the quality of European higher education by fostering co-operation with third countries in order to improve the development of human resources and to promote dialogue and understanding between peoples and cultures.The following activities are covered by the call for proposals:
- projects relating to the promotion of European higher education to the world,
- projects designed to improve the accessibility of European higher education, to facilitate mobility to Europe for third-country students, or to improve the services relating to overseas students,
- projects or studies on recognition of credits, degrees and qualifications, from the point of view of recognition for academic purposes and on the labour market,
- projects designed to analyse trends in, and evolution of, higher education in an international perspective,
- projects seeking to establish links between higher education and research, and between higher education and business and to exploit, whenever possible, potential synergies,
- International Thematic Networks: Erasmus Thematic Networks may apply for an add-on grant to extend their network to third-country institutions.
- Higher education institutions from all countries of the world.
- Other public or private bodies active in the field of higher education from all countries of the world. Applications must be sent no later than 15 May 2008 The full text of the call for proposals and the application forms are available on the following website: http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/static/en/mundus/call2008/index.htm
b. Call for proposals Erasmus Mundus External Cooperation Window in the academic year 2008-2009
The Erasmus Mundus External Cooperation Window aims at mutual enrichment and better understanding between the European Union and Third-Countries. It is designed to foster institutional co-operation in the field of higher education between the European Union and Third-countries through a mobility scheme addressing student and academic exchanges for the purpose of studying, teaching, training and research.The following activities and costs will be covered by the programme:The setting of institutional-based partnerships of European and Third-Country higher education institutions to cover both types of activities:
- The organisation of individual mobility of higher education students, researchers and academic staff,
- The implementation of individual mobility.
The types of mobility and education to be funded under this call are:
- Students: undergraduate, master, doctorate and post-doctorate mobility opportunities,
- Academic staff: exchanging for the purposes of teaching, practical training and research.
Applicants must be Universities or European Higher Education Institutions representing a consortium of maximum 20 partners institutions.The consortium has to be constituted of European Higher Education Institutions, in possession of an Erasmus Charter before the date of publication of the present Call (you can get the list on the website), and Third-Country Higher Education Institutions recognised and accredited by the national authorities. (Indonesia is one) Applications must be sent no later than: 15 April 2008 The full text of the call for proposals and the application forms are available on the following website: http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/extcoop/call/2007/index_en.htmc.
c. ‘Youth in action’ Programme
This call for proposals seeks to support projects promoting cooperation in the youth sector between Programme Countries and partner countries other than the European Union’s neighbouring countries. The aim is:- to promote the exchange of experience and good practice in the field of youth and non-formal education,- to contribute to the development of youth policies, youth work and the voluntary sector, as well as to capacity-building and leadership development for youth organisations/structures,- to develop sustainable partnerships and networks between youth organisations. The cooperation is addressed to persons working in the youth sector, youth workers and youth leaders, young people themselves and other actors involved in youth organisations/structures interested in running projects promoting cooperation in this field. Proposals must be submitted by non-profit-making organisations, non-governmental organisations or by local and regional public bodies. Only applicants legally established in one of the Programme Countries are eligible to apply. Applications must be sent to the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) no later than 15 April 2008 The full version of this call for proposals and the application forms are available at the following web address: http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/youth/calls2008/action32/index_en.htm