Closing date: 1 Feb 2008
Vacancy number: FEL 001
As part of a new UNRISD Fellowship Programme for Researchers from Developing Countries, UNRISD invites applications from African social science scholars, based at an African research institution. The visiting fellows would spend 9 to 12 months working at UNRISD in Geneva. Successful applicants should be engaged in innovative research in the field of Social Policy in Africa. At UNRISD they will continue research in this area, prepare a paper for publication under the UNRISD Programme Paper series and develop ideas for future research.
– Degree area: Economics, Politics, Sociology or similar
– 5-10 years research experience
– Currently based at an academic institution
– Specialization in Social Policy and Development in Africa
Terms and conditions:
– Attractive remuneration according to living expenses in Geneva.
Documents to be sent to email@example.com after completing the online application :
– Letter of Motivation, referring to expertise in the field of Social Policy in Africa and ideas for research to be conducted whilst at UNRISD (maximum 5 pages/1250 words)
– Copies of 3 published and peer reviewed papers
– Names and contact details of 3 referees
– The closing date for applications is 1 February 2008
– Only short listed candidates will be notified by End of February 2008
– Fellowships will commence between April and June 2008
See UNRISD Vacancies for more detail.