The Network of Asian River Basin Organizations (NARBO) will hold its 3rd General Meeting in Solo, Indonesia on 20-22 February 2008. NARBO holds General Meetings every two years to review the implementation of the organization’s Action Plan for the previous year and to consolidate ideas for the next year. The 1st General Meeting was held in 2004 and 2nd General Meeting in 2006.NARBO was established to share knowledge and build capacity for Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) in river basins throughout Asia and to strengthen river basin organizations’ (RBOs) capacity and effectiveness in promoting IWRM and improving water governance. To date, NARBO has 56 member organizations.As in previous meetings, this 3rd General Meeting will feature
- A study visit on IWRM issues in the river basin managed by host river basin organization
- Workshops on topics related to IWRM
- General Meeting proper
The 3rd General Meeting aims to:
- Review the implementation of the NARBO Action Plan for 2006-2007
- Revisit the NARBO Charter [PDF], elect the NARBO Constitutional Body for 2008-2010, and welcome new member organizations
- Discuss and approve the NARBO Action Plan for 2008-2010
- Discuss future orientations for IWRM Training and the development of a Water Knowledge Hub for IWRM
The meeting is being organized by NARBO and will be hosted by the Bengawan Solo River Basin Organization.
NARBO member organizations and their representatives are expected to attend the meeting. Representatives from organizations interested in joining NARBO and observers from donor agencies and other water-related networks are invited.
View the list of NARBO member organizations [PDF].
The meeting will be held in Solo, Indonesia.